Enhanced CyberSecurity Management Framework and Posture
As cyber threats and hackers continue to advance in organizing and sophistication, traditional methods of online security are no longer considered sufficient. As hackers continue to get smarter and companies increasingly move to cloud-based apps, organizations are increasingly taking holistic approach to Cybersecurity posture that takes all of the pieces into consideration.
Cybersecurity Posture refers to an organization’s overall defense against cyber-attacks. Such Cybersecurity posture encompasses any security policies in place, employee training programs, or security solutions deployed, from malware to anti-virus, and beyond. It is the collective security status of all software and hardware, services, networks, and information, and how secure an organization’s day to day technology use and operations are as a result of those tools and processes. Holistic Posture is better and more effective than the more prevalent point solutions to Cybersecurity in the market today.
See this post discussing more in-depth the differences between point solutions vs. a holistic approach to protect against cyber attacks.
Here at BrillianSe Group we have developed an Enhanced Cybersecurity Management and Protection framework that delivers upon 6 key market differentiating Cybersecurity Posture
WHAT SETS APART OUR ENHANCED CYBERSECURITY MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
1. Proven Model that has saved our other clients in annual cost in tools optimization, identified prior unknown attack surface, and helped become compliant with regulation and win multi-million dollar contracts.
Below are some of the specific results enjoyed by some of our clients. Though the results are always a robust and easily managed Cybersecurity Posture that continuously improves, these are some highlights.
- A Client identified prior unknown attack surface surrounding their operational and financial data. The same client also reduced 3 redundant tools that resulted in $240,000 annual cost savings. As a result, this client is better protected with annual rolling costs savings in their Cybersecurity program.
- A Client immediately benefited from our early Ransomware Emulation (one of many early assessments we perform) and averted zero-day attack from some unpatched servers as well locking down their firewall and workstations further.
- Another Client was able to pass regulatory compliance by improving their organizational Cybersecurity Posture and Incident Response plan to federal auditors and continue to maintain their $2.1M annual contract.
2. Robust framework that looks across IT operations as well as within the intersections of 28+ areas of organizational Technology use in the intersections of People, Process, Data, Tools, and Infrastructure.
In addition to looking at an organizations’ current Cybersecurity maturity and the foundational security posture, our assessment goes deeper in between the intersections of the major areas of IT operations. As a result, we assess the same surface Cyber-attackers are manipulating as well as we can quickly identify short-term steps while road-mapping the long-term gains.
- Per the security maturity assessment norms (as shown on chart below) we will help you understand your current maturity State and provide you a done-for-you action plan to achieve actualization.
- We approach with the mindset of a Cyberattacker – looking at your strengths and weakness within the folds of day-to-day running of your operation. We look at the intersection points of all of the foundations of IT.
3. Multi-Regulatory compliant by considering controls across 10 different regulations across Financial, Healthcare, and Insurance industries.
Our framework meticulously identifies and optimizes actions steps that meet the compliance needs across numerous regulations and controls.
4. Best of breed framework by combining 6+ Cybersecurity Management program frameworks combined with our value expertise.
Our framework considers controls that span across several different federal and industry Cybersecurity Management control standards, expertly identifying and helping implement contextual controls to your business.
5. Up-to-date with evolving threat intelligence and vectors through our partnerships and engagement with governmental security services and industry expert panels.
Our partnerships across numerous Industry Leader/Expert panels and organizations, results in collaborative knowledge and intelligence on latest and greatest threats, models. Our associate security certifications bolster our capabilities in security frameworks, and best-practice. As a result, we assist our clients to incrementally update/upgrade their management controls with latest protections.
During our comprehensive digital assessments, we incrementally identify any immediate or short-term action plans, so that your Cybersecurity Program can gain immediate benefits, while we continue to assess across and within your IT operations.
This can also help with budgetary constraints on Opex vs CapEx discussions, justification of cost with concrete data and ROI
PROBLEMS THAT PREVENT COMPANIES TO IMPLEMENT SUCCESSFUL CYBERSECURITY POSTURE
INDUSTRIES ARE RIPE FOR ATTACK WITH A LOT TO LOSE
Research across 17 countries and 524 Cyberattack incidents show, almost all industries are prime targets. Among these Healthcare, Energy, Financial Services, and Pharma industries have lost the most in damages. Customer PII is most sought after information to be stolen by Cybercriminals across all these attacks.
Average cost of damage per industry caused by Data Breaches in 2019 and 2020. Shown in millions.
ATTACK VECTORS ARE EVOLVING TOO FAST. COMPANIES DEPLOY DIVERGENT TOOLS LEADING TO DEFENDER FATIGUE AND INCREASED TIME TO CONTAINMENT
Cybercriminals are easily pivoting their attack techniques while companies are trying to implement point protections with numerous tools and managed services. Leading to cybersecurity protection teams to experience fatigue and significantly lengthy time to contain and remedy attacks. Compromised Credentials, Cloud Misconfiguration, and Vulnerability in Third-Party Software rank as topmost root causes of breach while in average it is taking 280 calendar days for organizations to contain and remedy breaches.
Type of information stolen. Customer PII data is the highest sought out data by Cybercriminals randing at 80%
MOST OTHER CONSULTANTS PROVIDE SEGMENTED ADVICE DUE TO AFFINITY FOR CERTAIN SERVICES AND TOOLS
Most other Cybersecurity consulting results in segmented advice. Instead of assessing an organization’s capabilities across the full spectrum, the results skew towards certain specific areas/segments on the Cybersecurity maturity model. This is usually driven by the consultants’ affinity towards a certain skill-set, services, or tools. As a result a wholistic approach is missed.